Call for AWS Executive Committee Nominations
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
The AWS Nominating Committee is seeking self-nominations to serve as officers on the Executive Committee beginning in October 2018. The officer positions to be elected this fall include: President-Elect, Vice President, and Treasurer. The office of the President-Elect and Vice President are one-year terms, while the position of Treasurer is a two-year term.
Traditionally, new members to the Executive Council will serve in the role of either Secretary or Treasurer prior to advancement into the other offices. Per the bylaws, any regular surgeon member in good standing serving or having served as a chair of a committee is eligible for nomination and election as an officer of AWS. Nominees are encouraged to review the bylaws and description of responsibilities prior to application.
Each candidate is asked to submit:
- A curriculum vitae
- A personal photograph
- A candidate statement, to include:
- Outline of past service to AWS
- A description of the qualifications she will bring to the position
- An attestation of commitment to completion of the requirements of the position
- The name of a person not serving on the Nominating Committee who can serve as a reference for the nominee's leadership skills
Each candidate applying for a position will be evaluated with the following criteria taken into consideration:
- Prior service to the organization - must have served on the Council as a chair of an AWS committee
- Attendance at council meetings and on conference calls
- Attendance on committee calls
- Contribution to discussions at AWS Council meetings
- Leadership qualities
- Relevant experience and skills outside AWS that may be beneficial to the organization
All applications should be submitted to email@example.com by August 1, 2018.
Candidates who do not submit the requested information by the nomination deadline will not be eligible for consideration.