AWS Day of Service 2018
Wednesday, August 22, 2018
AWS's 2018 Day of Service is coming up on September 8! The AWS Day of Service was a great success last year and we look forward to seeing even more involvement from our chapters this year. It's time to start planning - see our flyer for more information.
The AWS National Day of Service began in 2016 with the goal of having one day where all chapters across the country get together with their members and spend time volunteering in their community. We encourage you to invite residents and attendings too so everybody can get the chance to give back. This event can be anything that you think would benefit your community, medical or non-medical.
Examples could include:
- Providing physical exams for uninsured youth
- Flu shots for the elderly
- Teaching classes on health and hygiene at a juvenile detention center
- Organizing an event for blood pressure readings and diabetes education
- Packing lunches for Meals on Wheels
- Teaching CPR at a local event
Please feel free to be creative!
The date of our Day of Service this year is September 8. If your volunteer event needs to be done on a weekday rather than a weekend, days during the week prior to the event are also an option. To coordinate your Day of Service, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.