Nominations Open for 2019 Awards
Friday, March 29, 2019
The call for nominations for the Association of Women Surgeons Foundation Awards is now open. Winners will be honored at the Awards Dinner, October 28, 2019, held in conjunction with the AWS Annual Conference and the ACS Clinical Congress in San Francisco.
If you know someone whose character and accomplishments reflect the missions of AWS and the AWS Foundation, as well as the criteria listed below, please consider submitting a nomination for that individual.
All nominations are due May 15.
Awards Open for Nominations
- Nina Starr Braunwald Award: Given to a member or non-member surgeon in recognition of outstanding lifetime contributions to the advancement of women in surgery. Nominate
- Olga Jonasson Distinguished Member Award: Given to an AWS member who, through outstanding mentorship, enables and encourages women surgeons to realize their personal and professional goals. Nominate
- AWS Past Presidents' Honorary Member Award: Awarded to a non-member who exemplifies the ideals and mission of the association. Nominate
- Patricia Numann Medical Student Award: Given in the interest of encouraging and supporting an outstanding female medical student who is pursuing a career in surgery. Nominate
- Hilary Sanfey Outstanding Resident Award: Awarded to recognize surgical trainees who demonstrate potential as future leaders in surgery. Nominate
- New! The Dr. Sally Abston Association of Women Surgeons Distinguished Member Award: Awarded to an AWS member who, in addition to nationally recognized clinical expertise and providing outstanding mentorship, is a role model of "what I want my surgeon to be like." The recipient of this award will have demonstrated unwavering commitment to encouraging and enabling women surgeons to realize their personal and professional goals. Nominate
Reminder! Applications for Kim Ephgrave Visiting Professor Award Host Institutions are open until April 19.
The AWS Foundation Mission is to provide opportunities for the educational and professional growth of women in surgery. Donate today to show your support for this mission.