Applications Open for SBAS-AWS Visiting Professorship
Tuesday, November 26, 2019
The Society of Black Academic Surgeons (SBAS) and the Association of Women Surgeons (AWS) Visiting Professorship: Call for Applications
Application Deadline: January 20th, 2020
To provide active SBAS and AWS members who are a faculty members at the rank of Associate Professor and is within 15 years of their faculty appointment the opportunity to serve as a Visiting Professor for the Department of Surgery at a host institution. The host site application will open soon.
To promote the careers of mid-career SBAS-AWS members and recognize academic excellence.
The awardee must be an active member in good standing with SBAS or AWS and be an Associate Professor of Surgery within 15 years of their faculty appointment. If awarded, you will be expected to join the other organization.
How to Apply:
The applicant must submit all of the above required materials in one PDF to the SBAS central office at firstname.lastname@example.org by January 20, 2020.
- Letter of interest with summary of past participation and involvement in SBAS and/or AWS
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter of recommendation from their Department Chair
- One-page summary of area of expertise and examples of PowerPoint "grand rounds" type presentations delivered previously
Visiting Professor Responsibilities:
- Coordinate with the host institution to determine the optimal time for the visit
- Work with the host institution to plan the visit, including travel and accommodation reservations
- Submit an expense form with appropriate back-up receipts to the AWS-SBAS Visiting Professorship Committee within 30 days after the visit
- Submit a report to the SBAS-AWS Visiting Professorship Committee summarizing the visit within 30 days of the visit that includes information about the experience, thoughts on the process, and the overall program
- Attend the SBAS and AWS Annual Conferences during the year of the visit