The call for nominations for this award is now closed.
The mission of the Hilary Sanfey Outstanding Resident Award is to recognize surgical trainees who demonstrate potential as future leaders in surgery.
- The recipient of the AWS Hilary Sanfey Outstanding Resident Award must be a surgical trainee who is in primary residency training in either general surgery or a surgical specialty at the time of nomination.
- All documents should be uploaded in a pdf format.
- Candidates should demonstrate exceptional leadership abilities and will be selected based on the strength of their nomination letter, Curriculum vitae and personal statement.
- The recipient of this Award will receive:
- Two complimentary dinner tickets to the AWSF Awards Dinner on Monday, October 28, 2019, in San Francisco.
- An Award Certificate recognizing the winner’s accomplishments presented at the Awards Dinner.
- Reimbursement for travel and lodging up to $1,000 (Travel and lodging expenses may be used to attend both the AWS events and the ACS Clinical Congress events).
- Only one nomination may be submitted from each accredited surgical residency program.
- The nomination must come from the Program Director or Department Chair.
- Complete the online application form, including a letter from either the Residency Program Director or Department Chair describing the nominee’s potential as a future leader in surgery; a personal statement from the candidate on leadership of up to 200 words; and the nominee's current Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Submit your nomination no later than May 15, 2019.
- Questions? Please email Info@WomenSurgeons.org or call the AWS/AWSF headquarters at 312.224.2527.