The mission of the Hilary Sanfey Outstanding Resident Award is to recognize surgical trainees who demonstrate potential as future leaders in surgery.
- The recipient of the AWS Hilary Sanfey Outstanding Resident Award must be a surgical trainee who is in primary residency training in either general surgery or a surgical specialty at the time of nomination.
- All documents should be uploaded in a pdf format.
- Candidates should demonstrate exceptional leadership abilities and will be selected based on the strength of their nomination letter, Curriculum vitae and personal statement.
While in these uncertain times we cannot know the exact format by which the 2020 AWSF awards will be presented, what IS certain is that there are many remarkable surgeons-in-training that deserve recognition. This is true more so than ever now.
- The recipient of this Award will receive:
- Two complimentary dinner tickets to an AWSF Awards Dinner
- An Award Certificate recognizing the winner’s accomplishments
- Reimbursement for travel and lodging up to $1,000 (Travel and lodging expenses may be used to attend both the AWS events and the ACS Clinical Congress events).
- Only one nomination may be submitted from each accredited surgical residency program.
- The nomination must come from the Program Director or Department Chair.
- Complete the online application form, including a letter from either the Residency Program Director or Department Chair describing the nominee’s potential as a future leader in surgery; a personal statement from the candidate on leadership of up to 200 words; and the nominee's current Curriculum Vitae (CV).
- Submit your nomination no later than June 15, 2020.
- Questions? Please email Info@WomenSurgeons.org or call the AWS/AWSF headquarters at 312.224.2527.