In only a short period of time, the COVID-19 pandemic has made a huge impact on our members' work, relationships, and daily lives. We will continue to monitor the situation and how it may affect you. Here you can find accurate, timely, and helpful information with the goal of lessening the negative impact of this crisis on your personal and professional lives.
- Take a Breath and Decompress Hangout: The AWS Resident and Fellow Committee has partnered with the RAS-ACS Membership Committee to host a series of "Take a Breath and Decompress" online hangouts. Join in to talk about current events, difficult cases, concerns, and most importantly, to just hang out.
- On Wednesday April 1st, the Society for Surgery of the Alimentary Tract held a webinar on "The Impact of COVID-19 on General Surgery" with representatives from ACS and the American Board of Surgery. You can listen to the webinar recording here.
Wellness and Self-Care
- Mindful Healthcare Collective: Free sessions for stress management.
- Empowering Women Physicians: Free coaching for Physicians who want to talk about their experience during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Headspace: Mindfulness and meditation app offering free subscription for health care personnel.
- Physician Support Line: Free confidential peer support telehealth line by volunteer psychiatrists for US physician colleagues during the COVID pandemic. 8am-12am EST 7 days a week.
- Calm: Free resource page with meditations, sleep stories, music, talks and resources, all hand-picked to support your mental and emotional wellness
- The Impact of COVID-19 on Women: From UN Women, this document outlines the ways the impact of COVID-19 is exacerbated for women.
- Marriott International Community Caregiver Rate: Marriott International invites first responders and support staff providing medical, relief, and
support services to book designated hotels nationwide as a part of a community caregivers program. This will provide health care and relief professionals, and those supporting them, a place to stay in close proximity to hospitals and government
buildings as they aid in COVID-19 response efforts.
- Subscribe to the American College of Surgeons newsletter: Join the ACS mailing list for updates regarding COVID-19.
- ACS COVID-19 Updates: ACS has developed a twice-weekly newsletter from the Bulletin to keep the surgical community informed and updated on best practices regarding the management
of COVID-19 patients, links to journal articles addressing the topic, federal and regulatory updates, and other updates on the issue.
- COVID-19 and Surgery: ACS's COVID-19 resources for the surgical community.
- SSO COVID-19 Resources: Society of Surgical Oncology's COVID-19 resources.
- The American Society of Breast Surgeons (ASBrS): Recommendations for Prioritization, Treatment and Triage of Breast Cancer Patients During the COVID-19 Pandemic: Executive Summary and COVID-19 Guidelines (Modified)
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS): ASPS Covid-19 Resource Page and Statement on Breast Reconstruction in the face of COVID-19 Pandemic
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES): SAGES Covid-19 Resource Page
- Behind the Knife (Podcast): Ventilator Management and COVID Basics for Surgeons
- Dr. Patrick Georgoff: Basics of Managing a Ventilator
- JAMA Insights: Caring for the COVID
- ARDSnet: Ventilator Protocols
- University of California, San Francisco: COVID-19 Papers
- American Association of Medical Colleges: COVID-19 Resource Hub