Make a Difference. Donate Today.
Through philanthropic support of the AWS Foundation, you can make a strong statement about your commitment to our mission. Give a gift to support the Foundation:
- General Operating Fund – Use my gift where it’s needed most.
- Nina Starr Braunwald Award recognizes service by giving this award to a member or non-member surgeon in recognition of outstanding contributions to the advancement of women in surgery.
- Olga Jonasson Distinguished Member Award is given to a member surgeon who exemplifies the ideals and mission of the association. This was formerly called the Distinguished Member Award.
- AWS Past Presidents’ Honorary Member Award is given to non-member individuals who are supportive of AWS’ goals and mission.
- Hilary Sanfey Outstanding Resident Award is given to surgical trainees who are in primary residency training in either general surgery or a surgical specialty at the time of nomination, and who demonstrate potential as future leaders in surgery.
- Patricia Numann Medical Student Award is selected based on her expressed interest in surgery and potential leadership qualities or research contributions to the field of surgery.
- Kim Ephgrave Visiting Professor Program provides medical schools with the opportunity to request top women surgeons as speakers. Opportunities to lecture heighten the visibility of women surgeons while encouraging women medical students to pursue similar careers.
- Women surgeons in Low & Middle Income Countries allocates funds to support women surgeons in low and middle income countries.
Your individual gift enhances our capacity to:
- Support and honor residents and surgeons through our Fellowships and Awards
- Improve advancement in the field by providing mentoring opportunities
- Provide new programs for personal growth and professional development
- Strengthen our community by serving as a forum for women surgeons to share ideas, advice and encouragement